This is an address book I recently decoupaged for my love. The images are ones I handpicked for it because they reminded me of him. It was really fun to make and I’m glad he liked it. <3
These are the shorts I dyed earlier this summer and I love the way they came out. The color is perfect and they are so adorable. These are just a few shots I got of them at the fabric store from a while ago.
Fashion Credits: T-shirt and Shorts by me, Cosmopolitan bag, Converse High Tops, Target Cuff.
Just a little drawing a did a long time ago and didn’t get to posting until now. I was just screwing around drawing Pomeranians as practice for my lap dog fabric. I think it’s cute. :)
This is an outfit from earlier this summer from a day when I got pasta sauce all over my shirt and had to borrow one from my love. But, that Iron Maiden shirt is pretty rad and I like it with those two studded cuffs. I also finally made myself a pair of denim cut offs I like, so I’m pretty pleased with that two. The other pictures are of my love’s adorable kitties. <3
Fashion Credits: Shirt borrowed from my love, Thrifted cut offs, Cosmopolitan Bag, Michael Tatom Ring, Studded Cuff from Target, Spiked Cuff by Barbaric Leather Works (available here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/197304941/small-spiked-wristband?ref=favs_view_14 ).
My love bought me that gorgeous embroidered floral blouse and this is how I wore it the first time. I wanted to go very bohemian with it with this long black skirt. I know the sequined bag is probably a little off, but I still like it.
Fashion Credits: Vintage Blouse and Skirt, JC Penny’s Sandals, Cosmopolitan Bag, Michael Tatom Ring, Stickman Necklace.
The unicorn dress hadn’t fit her for years; but she held onto it anyway, on it’s special padded hanger, in the hope that one day, her daughter would love it as much as she had. It was a sleeveless white mod mini with a curved neon green yoke, encrusted with white star-shaped rhinestones. The unicorns were orange, pink, blue and green. There was a mistake that created a seam down the center front and the seam was hidden by appliqués of the unicorns that perfectly matched the print.
" I remember that your Mom made me for your junior prom, but you didn’t go because you didn’t want to go alone. The first time you wore me was on your seventeenth birthday. You tucked me under your favorite plaid blazer, your favorite necklace and over fishnets and combat boots, so I knew I was in good company.
We went out to dinner that night at a Chinese restaurant you considered “expensive” at the time, but later realized was actually seeder than the place you love next to the Laundromat and supermarket. You were trying to be rebellious and create a new family for yourself out of “friends”, but you were being an ass. Only two of the people you invited came that night: the debate coach and your future husband. And the debate coach bailed halfway through!
The coat and the boy and I turned out to be your only true friends, out of everyone you invited.
I remember that you pretended to be cool, but sweated nervous bullets upon realizing that it was not only your first date with the guy you secretly loved, but embarrassingly, your first date ever. But, I think you did well. You had a great time and for many years, I was with you for many important introductions.
I know it broke your heart to take me out for that final photoshoot, realizing I would never fit you again, But, I hope you retired me knowing that I knew I was well-loved and had been the special dress that meant the most to you.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
And in case you were wondering, this is a photo from my seventeenth birthday, the first time I ever wore my unicorn dress:
I’m sad to write that my beloved unicorn dress no longer fits me. </3
I’ve had it since I was a high school junior and I got to wear it and enjoy it a lot, but it still makes me so sad to retire my favorite dress. Even though it was too tight, I took it out for one last photoshoot to remember it by. I think I really did do it justice and it looks beautiful here. I went with simple styling and glitter eyeshadow, so it could be the star.
While it will never quite be the same, I have to find new unicorn fabric and make a new unicorn dress because the first one was too perfect to not try to recreate.
This shoot also inspired me to work on a writing project I’ve had in mind for a long time: a collection of stories about women’s lives told by beloved garments. I know it sounds weird, but I’m going to post the first weird story in the series tomorrow. I hope it also comes across as being cool.
Fashion Credits: Dress custom sewn by my Mom, Michael Tatom and Jewelmint Rings, JC Penny’s Sandals.
I was trying to create a fox fabric similar to my "Caterwauling Cats on a Wall", and I think they look cute, but I didn’t like these as fabrics. The top one has watercolored foxes with a computer colored fence and the bottom one is all computer colored. They just don’t have the same charm as the cats as a fabric, but I still find them super cute.
I haven’t gone “back to school” shopping for years; I didn’t even go every year when I was in school. But this is very possibly my final year of school (excellent!), so I decided to make a fantasy “back to school” wishlist. I can’t afford most of these items and most of them are things I want to make, but it’s still fun to imagine it.
1. These drawings are of clothes I’d like to make myself from patterns I want to try: a custom DK shirt, a raglan shirt with custom fabric, some new punk skirts and a coat from this badass 1980’s pattern my Mom gave me (now, if only I could find some grey plaid fleece).
2. These are both dresses I really want to make with my punk fabrics at Spoonflower, but I can’t afford the yardage right now. But, you can see my fabrics here: http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/electricfoxfabrics
3. I love this cute ruffled skirt, but there’s no way I can afford it. However, when my Grandma moved, she left me with a stash of vintage lace, so I am going to try to recreate it. ($218) You can see the beautiful original here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/179267980/the-adria-skirt?ref=favs_view_5
4. My mom recently made this dress for herself and it came out beautiful. I love the idea of using a sheer over a subtle print to create it and I have some sheer curtains in mind for it.
5. Michael Tatom Coyote Pendant: I love this jeweler and I have been eyeballing this pendant for a long time. I love the shape of it and I know I’ve never written this here before, but coyotes are one of my favorite animals and I love seeing them here in Nevada. They will always remind me of my home. <3 ($45): https://www.etsy.com/listing/72958727/silver-coyote-charmpendant?ref=favs_view_19
I would love to wear it on a long 22 inch chain ($6.50). https://www.etsy.com/listing/172077853/16-18-20-22-24-26-28-or-30-inch-925?ref=favs_view_9
6. I would love to have some sequined leggings and I feel like college is the perfect place to have a ton of fun in them, since I don’t think they’d fly in an office job. ($78) https://www.etsy.com/listing/105181190/constellation-leggings-sheer-black?ref=favs_view_2
7. I love knee-highs and thigh-highs and I would love to get some new ones to wear this fall. I think these are super cute and I dig the stripes on the top. I think they’re very punk. ($6) http://www.ebay.com/itm/270970058681?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=570083412394&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
These are some outfits from earlier this summer that I only got a few good shots of, so I’m posting them together. I didn’t plan it, but I like the pink color story going on here. I have had fun wearing more of it this year. I love that little kitty dress and I’m so pleased with how my shirt redyed.
Fashion Credits: Top Outfit: Krazy4Krafts Dress (available here), JC Penny’s Sandals, Stickman Necklace, Various Bracelets.
Bottom Outfits: Shirt by me (similar items available here), Vintage Skirt from my Mom, Cosmopolitan bag, Vintage bracelet, Stickman Necklace.